Our founder, Tsuji Riemon, taught us to practice "Shu-ha-ri", which refers to the stages of training in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony and martial art of kendo (Japanese fencing).
- "Shu" means to follow and master the kata or rules.
- "Ha" means to incorporate the good points of others.
- "Ri" means to create and establish something new and original.
With this practice of Shuhari, we have continued to explore new possibilities for unconventional tea while adhering to traditional production methods. As a result, we have become a favorite among our many customers in Japan.
Our Promise to You
Our matcha is freshly ground — just for you. We deliver the original fresh flavor of matcha, completely unaffected by oxidation, directly to your doorstep from our factory in Kyoto, Japan.
We operate stores in Kyoto, Osaka, and other cities in Japan.
Our flagship store is located Uji City, Kyoto Prefecture. Uji is famous for two World Heritage sites, Ujigami Shrine and Byodoin Temple, and is a traditional tea production area.
If you are planning a trip to Kyoto, make sure to visit! Located on Ujibashi Street, the store offers a wide selection of tea products, which make excellent souvenirs.
Main Store Address:
• English: 156 Uji Myoraku, Uji City, Kyoto 611-0021, Japan
• Japanese: 〒611-0021 京都府宇治市宇治妙楽156番地