Matcha can be used to create some delicious desserts, including pancakes, pound cake, jelly, and more. We've compiled our favorite recipes for you to enjoy.
Rich Matcha Pound Cake
Here is our recipe for a rich, moist, and delicious pound cake made with Japanese green tea. Below we will share how to make one pound cake of dimensions 6" x 2.8" x 2.4" in (15 x 7 x 6 cm).
- 0.44 c (100 g) of unsalted butter
- 0.35 c (80 g) of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 0.3 oz (8 g) of matcha green tea powder
- 2.6 oz (75 g) of light flour [A]
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder [A]
- In a bowl, mix the butter at room temperature with the sugar in two or three parts, mixing well.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- When blended, add the matcha and mix well.
- Add sifted [A], mix lightly, and pour into the mold.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 338 °F (170 ℃) for 20 minutes.
- Turn the mold around and bake at 320 °F (160 ℃) for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the baked surface with melted matcha green tea, if desired.
Matcha Pancakes with Matcha Milk Sauce
Indulge a little with these pancakes. They have a hint of matcha green tea and are topped with a dollop of delicious matcha milk sauce!
First, let's cover the ingredients you'll need to make three pancakes of around 12 cm in diameter.
- 4/5 tsp (5 g) of matcha green tea
- 1 egg
- 0.4 c (100 cc) of milk
- 0.6 c (150 g) of pancake mix
Matcha Milk Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) of matcha green tea
- 0.7 tsp (3 g) of sugar
- 1/5 c (50 cc) of fresh cream
- Mix the eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Add pancake mix and matcha and mix further.
- Cook the mixture in a frying pan.
Matcha Milk Sauce Instructions:
- Combine the sugar, matcha green tea, and whipping cream.
- Whip for around 6 minutes.
- Arrange the pancakes in a bowl.
- Pour the matcha milk sauce over the pancakes.
- Add your favorite toppings!
A luxurious and sweet matcha jelly that is easy to make ahead of time and will make a great impression on guests. Or, enjoy it all for yourself!
- 0.1 oz (4 g) of matcha green tea
- 0.7 oz (20 g) of granulated sugar
- 0.2 oz (5 g) of gelatin
- 1.1 c (250 ml) of hot water
- In a bowl or other bowl, dissolve the matcha, gelatin, and granulated sugar with hot water until well-mixed
- Cool until thickened, then add chilled matcha and stir well.
- Chill the mixture until it thickens.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate until firm.
- Enjoy toppings such as red bean paste, cream, vanilla ice cream, etc., as you like!
Matcha Green Tea Affogato
A brightly colored affogato made with matcha green tea instead of espresso. Get ready for this pretty and delicious variation of your favorite Italian coffee-based dessert!
Below, we will cover what you'll need and how to make a single serving.
- 0.1 oz (3 g) of matcha green tea
- 4.7 tbsp (70 ml) of hot water (about 150 °F or 70 ℃)
- 3.5 oz (100 g) of vanilla ice cream
- Dissolve matcha in hot water.
- Pour (1) over the vanilla ice cream.